Saturday, February 11, 2012

Classifieds

So - when I stopped working for an agency & started working independently, I advertised in Internet classifieds...

And I really had fun writing the ad texts. They were always sort of quirky. For a while, I had a riddle/bonus question. It was like a 10% off deal if people could get the question/riddle right.

Was a great way to establish rapport/screen for the right kinds of clients...plus, guys love trivia, so brought in a lot of responses.

I watched the film "Death-Proof"...god, I love Tarantino film scripts, and absolutely loved the following two lines:

" When they their glass to toast ... ... they look you dead in the eye ... and repeat this poem. The woods are lovely dark and deep And I have promises to keep And miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me Butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep. And then... ... if they say that You gotta give him a lap dance."

"some kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy, hysterically funny, but not funny looking guy comes up and says it...."

So, thought of the following ad:
Had a few drinks, and am feelin' loosey goosey.

So if you're a kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy, hysterically funny, but not so funny looking guy...
And want a lap-dance...or more...
Ring me up. And recite:
 "The woods are lovely dark and deep And I have promises to keep And miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me Butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep" 
 ***
x/hour.
y off you can name the film this post alludes to.
2y if you can recite the poem in full...


But then again, the film is all about a guy who picks up promiscuous party-girls & kills them...

So...seemed like an invitation for jack-the-ripper types & film buffs/copy-cat murderers, & ultimately decided against it...

No comments:

Post a Comment